OUR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAM
Just as you are privileged to get admission into the undergraduate program by a stint of hard work and merit, we are equally proud to have you among us.
Sri Sai College of Dental Surgery imparts quality education trains students to make them capable enough to withstand and survive in this competitive world of dentistry. During the course of 5 years in the college every attempt is made to impart education in a scientific and rational manner as per our elevated standards which ensure an amalgamation of professional responsibility with compassion towards the fellow beings.
Dental education is arduous, expensive and needs enormous patience, hard work and commitment. Only those who put themselves through this penance will have the reward. The students are expected to adhere to the guidelines of the institute detailed in the ensuing pages.
ABOUT B.D.S. COURSE :
You are admitted to the B.D.S course which leads to the award of Bachelor of Dental Surgery degree by the KNR University of Health Sciences.
The schedule of lectures and clinical work is as per the regulations of Dental Council of India and KNR University of Health Sciences
Length of the course : It’s a five year academic course with one year of compulsory rotatory internship in all the departments. The student has to enroll with the State Dental Council as registered dentist to practice the profession of Dentistry.
BDS COURSE TOTAL SEATS : 100
COMPETENT AUTHORITY QUOTA (CATEGORY-A)
Number of seats : 50 seats
MANAGEMENT QUOTA CATEGORY B AND C (NRI)
Number of seats : Category – B : 35 seats
Category – C (NRI) : 15 seats
AGE : The candidate should have completed 17 years of age as on 31-12-2020. The candidates who do not complete 17 years as on 31-12-2020 need not attend the counseling. The candidates born on or after 02-01-2004 are not eligible for admission into BDS Courses.
- The candidate should be an Indian National or Person of Indian Origin (PIO) / Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) Card Holder and should satisfy the Local or Non-local status in Telangana (Residence requirement).
- The candidate should have passed Intermediate (10+2 pattern) or its equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology) / Biotechnology and English.
- OC candidates including candidates seeking EWS reservation should obtain not less than 50% marks in science subjects.
- BC/SC/ST candidates should obtain not less than 40% marks in science subjects.
- OC PH candidates should obtain not less than 45% marks in science subjects.
- The candidates should secure marks of cutoff scores and above in National Eligibility- cum- Entrance Test (NEET) UG -2020, conducted by CBSE, New Delhi as per section (10) of Indian Medical Council Act, 1956.
- Foreign Students / NRI candidates are eligible for admission into BDS Courses under Management Quota Category – C Seats. Candidates should specifically put the option for NRI Category in the on-line application to be considered for NRI / C-Category.
- Candidates who have already applied for Convener Quota Seats in response to this University notification are also eligible to apply for the management quota seats, but they have to apply afresh.
- Candidates possessing qualification of the University / Board of an institution outside the Telangana State should submit Eligibility / Equivalence certificate from the Board of Intermediate Education of Telangana, to the effect that the qualification possessed is equivalent to or higher than Intermediate examination conducted by the Board of Intermediate Education of Telangana at the time of admission into the college.
- Candidates possessing qualification of the University / Board of an institution outside INDIA should submit Eligibility / Equivalence certificate issued by Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi and Eligibility / Equivalence certificate issued from the Board of Intermediate Education of Telangana to the effect that the qualification possessed is equivalent to or higher than Intermediate examination conducted by the Board of Intermediate Education of Telangana at the time of admission into the college.
NRI QUOTA ELIGIBILITY :
- Admission to NRI seats will be made on the basis of NEET- 2020 merit ranks of eligible candidates who have applied on-line for NRI seats.
- NRI Financially supporting the candidate must be a Blood relative such as Father/ Mother/ Brother/ Sister/ Uncle/ Aunt only and should submit a declaration to that effect.
- Candidate opting for NRI seat must furnish the photocopies of following supporting documents.
- NRI status certificate of the financial supporter issued by embassy of respective country under their seal.
- Copy of NRI Bank account pass book of the financial supporter.
- Copy of Pass port of NRI financial supporter.
COUNSELLING FOR ALLOTMENT OF SEATS :
The seats shall be filled through online counseling by the Committee for Admissions as per merit from the candidates who have qualified in NEET UG – 2020 exam and applied in response to notification by KNR UHS for Management quota seats (B&C Categories).
Tuition Fee structure is as fixed by the State Government.