UNDER GRADUATE TRAINING IN ORAL SURGERY
CLINICAL AND ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS FOR UNDERGRADUATES
THE UNIQUENESS OF THE UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAM IS THE STUDENT TEACHER INTERACTION IS RIGOROUSLY FOLLOWED. IN THESE MODERN TIMES WHERE POWERPOINT PRESENTATIONS HAVE REPLACED BLACKBOARD TEACHING, WE HERE IN SRI SAI BELIEVE AND GIVE MORE IMPORTANCE TO PERSONAL CARE AND TEACHING.
THE CLINICAL DISCUSSION SESSIONS IN THE DEPARTMENT GIVE THE STUDENTS BETTER IDEA OF THE PROTOCOLS TO BE FOLLOWED WHEN ATTENDING A PATIENT. WE ENCOURAGE THE STUDENTS TO PARTICIPATE IN VARIOUS CLINICAL MAJOR CASES BEING OPERATED. THE STUDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO DO AS MANY CASES AS POSSIBLE WITH NO LIMIT.
THE FACULTY HERE ARE HIGHLY APPROACHABLE FOR ANY DOUBTS TO BE CLEARED.
- Case Taking: Detailed clinical examinations, investigations and diagnosis for all cases
- Dental extractions under local anesthesia – 50 nos, observation – 50nos
- Suturing of extraction wound -5 nos, all techniques
- Incision and drainage – 3 nos. under supervision
- Arch bar wiring, eyelet wiring and intermaxillary fixation on plaster or acrylic models- 1 each
- IV/ IM injection technique on patients- 5 no each under supervision
- Wound dressing – 5 nos.
- Observing minor surgery done by staff member
- Surgical Assistance of minor surgeries under supervision
- Observation of major surgeries in Operation Theatre- 3 nos.
- Observation of surgical procedures performed in casualty– 5 nos.
- Training in handling medical emergencies. CPR and basic life support for both III nd IV BDS ( lecture , demonstration, practical and viva to be given at the end of the posting)
- Seminars: 6 nos. Two in the third year, Two in the fourth year and Two in the final year along with respective clinical discussions.
- A work record should be maintained by all students detailing each of the clinical
and academic requirements duly signed by the teacher in charge and should be submitted at the time of examination after due certification from the head of the department.
STAFF DEMOSTRATIONS FOR UNDERGRADUATES